LINDBERGH SCHOOLS FOUNDATION JUNIOR BOARD
Foundation Junior Board Begins Second Year of Organization
In 2021, the Lindbergh Schools Foundation implemented a new board for high schoolers that are a JUNIOR board to the Foundation.
The Junior Foundation Board assembles young leaders that work on mission-critical initiatives that they help to identify.
The junior board room offers a training ground for:
- Learning business and non-profit development skills
- Learning about philanthropy
- Gaining hands-on experience in identifying community problems, and creating solutions
- Learning the mechanics of managing a nonprofit
- Learning together about grantmaking and grant funding
- Developing personal and professional skills that will prepare them for future board service and careers
Some of the areas they may choose to work in could be:
- Historic preservation
- Grant writing
- Civic responsibility
- Educational projects
- Grants for teachers and/or students, etc..
Members will have the opportunity to develop:
- Leadership skills
- Volunteer skills (and gain volunteer hours) and fundraising experience
- Planning and organization skills
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Hands-on experience with a 501c3 organization
- Opportunity to learn new skills and enhance professional skills
- Network with professionals
- Social media experience in a professional setting
- Public speaking and presentation opportunities
- Opportunity to be a philanthropist and give back to the school district and the entire community!
The Foundation Board of Directors and all its committees will be of support.
Our hope is that this board will provide high schoolers with the opportunity to develop their own talents while learning to help others.